Wedding Reception Planning
It is a very challenging task to plan the big day of your life which is your wedding reception. You have to manage each and every task right from décor, dresses to the menu. Hence, proper planning is the only solution for a perfect wedding reception. Your budget is the prime deciding factor while planning a reception. Hence, firstly you have to decide the budget for the reception.
Deciding on your budget will give you the exact idea about what you can afford or not. So first think upon the budget for the reception.
The Reception Location Finalizing the location for the wedding reception is most important aspect. Without deciding the reception site, you cannot do anything further. Various fantastic options are there to choose from such as hotel, garden, farmhouse, country club, museum, beach, golf club, lake, boat, flight and many more. According to the convenience and cost, find out the best wedding reception location.
Decoration and Theme The decoration of the wedding location makes the place very attractive. Select the best wedding theme for the day that compliments well with your personal style or thinking. Sophisticated and traditional people will go with the more conventional theme like flower or candle decoration while people with modern mindset will opt for the experimentation.
Flower or candle themes are very classy options. You can make it very unconventional with your unique creativity. You can go in for using long luxurious curtains and balloons that would give a fantastic look to the location. You can seek professional advice in this regard.
Music and Games for Reception Playing fantastic music at the reception is regular trend. You can go in for a musical band or DJ to play some popular tracks, jazz or fusion music. It would fill the atmosphere with energetic vibes and compel your guests to rock on the dance floor. You can go in for some fun games that would add enjoyment and thrill to your party. . There are many games like musical chair, scavenging hunt, shoe game, kissing game, etc. You can opt
Menu or Food The food is the priority for guests. Delicious food is the need of the day. The range of beverages, ice-creams, desserts and main entrees are very important. Finding out the best chef or cook for the reception will be your important task. Beer, tea, coffee, meat, chicken, salads, desserts and cokes is must for the day.
A scrumptious wedding cake armed with accessories and toppers would add to the beauty of the party. The decoration, color icing and flavor of the cake should complement with the theme of the day..
Attire For the special day of reception, the attire should be classic. A beautiful gown with matching ornaments for the bride and formal attire for the groom.
Many trivial precautions should be taken while planning the reception. Making the list of everything will be very helpful for you. Arranging for the coordinator will be great relief for you. The coordinator will manage every details of the reception.
Tips for planning a wedding reception are listed below
- You have to begin the task by collecting information about the aspects required for planning a reception. Hence, firstly you have to take some important decision such as the budget, theme and decoration for the event. You can either go in for hiring a professional such as planner or do it on your own.
- Once, you have finalized all the basic aspects related to your reception planning, you can go ahead and find out information about the perfect venues for the reception. You can go in for beautiful outdoor locations such as the garden, beach or community halls. Some couples also prefer to arrange their reception in the church itself.
- You can select a theme for the party. Based on the theme, select the decorations, attire and the menu. The wedding cake should also be selected according to the theme. You can go in for designer expensive cakes or a simple wedding cake with trinkets. It depends on the budget and the preferences of the couple.
- You can take the help of the online tools such as checklist or guides which would simplify the task of planning. These tools can be easily selected, downloaded and used. You can bring about slight variations in these checklists to match up with your requirements. These tools are very helpful for accomplishing the task in an organized manner. It would help you to keep a track of all the activities have been taken care of.
- You can make arrangement for a musical band or hire a DJ for the playing music for the reception. However, while finalizing the songs, make sure that it would cater the guests of all age groups. You can also plan out some games for the guests.